We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager with a specialism in construction to join our superb team at Room One, based in Doncaster. We have experienced fantastic growth in the last 12-24 months with a two-year pipeline to match.
As our new OperationsManager or Director, you will be fully responsible for overseeing the Project Managers and their site teams, managing all contracts allocated to you from the design stage through to the client
handover, focusing on ‘On Time, In Budget, Safely delivered projects’. This role really lends itself to a motivated, adaptable professional, with a desire to put their stamp on our business and drive high-quality processes, procedures, and results, with the full backing of the Board of Directors.
What are our expectations?
• Working closely with the Health & Safety Director to develop, support and ensure best practice with all company Health and Safety policies and requirements and national guidelines across all contracts.
• The role will expect you to engage all operational and commercial functions (in conjunction with the Commercial Director and H&S Director) on all contracts from tender to client handover.
• You will be expected to plan, co-ordinate, maintain or develop management staff to ensure all operational targets are met maintaining current and future workloads.
• To manage Project Managers, Site Managers, Design and Build Managers – taking full responsibility for all contracts from design stage right through to a successful client hand over.
• To oversee all operational programmes and monitor against completion targets and take action if they are not.
• Making regular site visits and producing site audits to maintain high standards of quality on all build programmes ensuring compliance with building regulations, planning conditions and Warranty provider standards.
• Make sure all company policies and procedures are adhered to and manage accordingly if they are not.
• Control information/drawing registers in conjunction with the Technical department ensuring site and all Subcontractors are issued with relevant information in a timely manner.
• Ensure the whole Project team from Pre-construction, Design, Procurement, Commercial and Operations are fulfilling their duties to ensure projects achieve their Programme, Quality, Safety & Commercial goals.
• Chair team meetings and ensure an appropriate record of all action points are recorded, distributed, and monitored to a conclusion.
• Attend client meetings as the face of Room One
• You will be expected to report all operational and financial progress each month to the board of directors.
Requirements of Room One
• We require you to have an excellent working knowledge and experience of managing new build housing and residential refurbishment development contracts.
• We require you to have excellent management, commercial and communication skills with the ability to proactively manage Operation teams on several live construction sites at any one time, including direct labour and subcontractor resource and the ability to deliver quality construction projects within budget and programme timescales with safety at the forefront.
• The successful candidate will hold a degree/HNC/HND in construction and ideally be professionally qualified or working towards a membership of a Professional body.
• A strong leader, with the ability to develop, mentor and manage people.
• Has an excellent knowledge of managing cost and budgets.
• Has the ability to Influence and inspire.
• Has a desire to be part of and drive the growth of the Company.
• Is a problem solver and is positive & proactive in their approach.
• Has excellent presentations skills, both written and verbal, with all stakeholders.
• Is innovative, creative and open minded.
• Displays model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness, and co-operation.
• Is personable, friendly, approachable, motivated, and flexible.
• Has the ability to communicate with all levels of staff.
What Room One Offer You
Room One is a fast-paced and vibrant place to work, and we see this role as pivotal in the
growth of our company in these exciting times.
Some of our key benefits include…
• Competitive salary and package
• Gym Membership
• iPhone and iPad for remote working
• Pension Scheme
• Company Bonus Scheme
• Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
• Support with a professional membership